“It was such a pleasure to have Willo kick-off our event with her inspirational ideas! Her unique and creative perspective really fed the minds and hearts of our crowd. She is a game-changer... and a life-changer! We love Willo!”
The Creative Technology Network + The Design, Art and Technology Awards (DATA)
Willo Sana is a celebrated international keynote speaker, transformational business coach, and intuitive strategist whose work inspires and empowers visionary entrepreneurs around the world.
As a serial entrepreneur, Willo has founded several creative businesses over the last 20+ years. She’s a master facilitator of in-person workshops and retreats, has developed multiple online programs, and has co-created several epic gatherings.
SPEAKING & EVENT EXPERIENCE
Willo Sana has been a professional speaker since 2007, and has had the honor of speaking, teaching and inspiring thousands of people at hundreds of events around the world.
An early adopter of online technology, Willo was publishing videos online in 1999, published her first (professionally produced) online video series in 2011, and began regularly delivering video content and online courses in 2012.
She is a charismatic speaker, very professional, genuine and at ease with any audience.
Highlights from Willo's Speaking & Event Experience
- Keynote speaker for top-tier conferences and organizations, including Pioneer Nation, Microsoft, DATA2014, SXSW, HOW Design LIVE, Creative Mornings, Dreamforce, Social Media Week, Conference of Creative Entrepreneurs, re:build, Women 2.0, The Summit of Awesome, and many more.
- Click here to see Current & Past Speaking Events
- Co-Founder of Yes And Yes Yes (YxYY), an annual gathering of 400+ thinkers, futurists, artists and technologists (2013 to Present - 5 years running!)
- Master of Ceremonies (MC) for TEDxFidiWomen San Francisco (2013) + TEDxWanChaiWomen Hong Kong: Momentum (2015) + TEDxWanChai Hong Kong: Crossroads (2016)
- Mentor and Speaking Coach at GitHub's Passion Projects and TEDxWanChai Women
- Advisor for ICON8 - The Illustration Conference
- Passionate Leader, Gatherer & Collaborator - In addition to YxYY (see above), I have created, organized and collaborated producing several epic events - from intimate to massive - that unite amazing individuals and brilliant entrepreneurs. These include:
- SF Embassy (2010-2012): 100+ friends under one roof for 10 days during SXSW in Austin, Texas.
- Double Trouble (2011): 400+ friends for a collaborative birthday celebration in an old bank, Downtown San Francisco, CA.
- LIDLSF (2011): Co-Created a Creative Biz group of 10 women that met weekly for accountability and support for over a year.
- CraftMakerCamp SXSW (2012): I was given the opportunity to produce a 2-day conference-within-a-conference with SXSW, where I gathered 10 speakers and 200+ creative makers and sellers.
- Feeding Founders (2013-2014): Potluck dinners to feed the minds, hearts and bellies of hungry entrepreneurs in SF.
- Gathering of Badass Activators & Conscious Creators (2013-Present): SF, Portland, Bangkok, Hong Kong
- Wisdompreneurs' Hong Kong Liaison, Gatherings & Events (2015-2016)
- Power of Ten Dinner Club: Connecting Female Entrepreneurs in Hong Kong (2014-2016)
- The Garden Gathering: Co-Creating & Leading Workshop "Wisdomshares" (2017-2018, HK)
View all of Willo's Recent & Upcoming Speaking Events.
Learn more about Willo's career path on the Life + Career Highlights page.
THEMES / TOPICS
- Mindset & Motivation
- Conscious Evolution
- Creativity & Inspiration
- Small Business Strategy
- Embodied Leadership
- Focus & Grit (Courage, Resolve & Perseverance)
- Women's Empowerment
- Energy Management & Self-Care
A few popular titles are listed below, but Willo's happy to work with you on creating/selecting a topic to compliment your event.
- Birthing Your Big Ideas
- Flourishing in Your Genius
- Get Out of Your Own Way! Growing Your Business with Ease and Grace
- Thrive! Foundational Keys to Building a Holistic, Sustainable Business
- Consciously Creating a Life of Productivity, Health & Happiness
- Embodied Leadership: Practical Tools for Tangible Change
- Structure & Focus: Implementing Systems for Success
Willo has been speaking to large groups at major conferences and events since 2007. She is a charismatic speaker, very professional and comfortable with any audience.
The videos below showcase a few events that had professional recording. In the past few years, Willo has led several large-scale events, delivered talks and interactive workshops around the US and internationally, in Hong Kong and Thailand.
You may also be interested in viewing Willo's recent & upcoming speaking events and/or her archive of interviews & training videos.
- Pioneer nation
- True University
- ONLINE VIDEOS/COURSES
Willo was a keynote speaker at the inaugural Pioneer Nation (a conference for creative entrepreneurs) in 2014, delivering: Systems to Support You & Your Business
She also contributed to Pioneer Nation in 2015, with the following workshops:
- How To Scale Your Business
- Finding Help: How To Hire Contractors
True Ventures puts on an annual event for their portfolio of founders and startups, called True University. This is from Willo's TrueU talk in 2014:
Creative Lifehacks to Increase Productivity, Health & Happiness
Willo also spoke at True University in 2012 on "Building & Nourishing Your Community Through Social Channels"
Willo served as Co-Founder of Stitch Labs, wherein she helped raise a $1m seed round in 2011, and True one of our investors!
Willo presented this interactive workshop at Microsoft's 'Make it Happen' Career Conference in 2014:
Embodied Leadership: Practical Tools for Tangible Change
Sponsored by Silicon Valley Women at Microsoft, this conference supports professional and leadership development for Microsoft employees in the Bay Area by focusing on insight and strategy to make ideal careers happen. (My favorite!)
Willo published her first professionally produced online video series in 2011, and began regularly delivering video content and online courses in 2012.
She frequently posts interviews and insightful resources for her community.
This one is from her recent post, The Importance of Making Conscious Choices in Business. It's a very casual video, but it will give you a window into her warm sense of humor, as well as her ability to improvise and connect with her audience with authenticity and heart.
Click here to view Willo's latest videos & all her recent & upcoming events.
TESTIMONIALS & AUDIENCE FEEDBACK
WOW! @WilloLovesYou just rocked the #pdxpioneer stage. Thanks for amping up my #CreativeEnergy! Mind. Blown. pic.twitter.com/1bH9SiJcAx— Andrew Brady (@atbrady) March 29, 2014
Love @WilloLovesYou 's concept of "creative sustainability" - staying connected to the magic (and being badass). Word 🙂 #pdxpioneer— Terry St. Marie (@Starbucker) March 29, 2014
Thank you Willo O'Brien @WilloLovesYou for truth + inspiration at #pdxpioneer. pic.twitter.com/Eu0RsLcC7R— Michael Knouse (@MichaelKnouse) March 31, 2014
@WilloLovesYou Willow, you are an AMAZING speaker and remind me so much of @alexbeadon! I think you two should connect! #pdxpioneer— Vicky Lashenko (@VickyLashenko) March 29, 2014
Starting the day with a creative boost from @willotoons—one of the most amazing women I've met this year by far. http://t.co/dzKYKNuB— Krista (@newhighscore) January 25, 2013
"If your systems aren't working for you, you need better systems." - @WilloLovesYou #pdxpioneer— Mac Prichard (@Mac_Prichard) March 29, 2014
"When we live with purpose, we're creating the world we want to see" @WilloToons #SFCM pic.twitter.com/ic40VYap— Mair Dundon (@quietaction) January 25, 2013
"Listen to your heart, or it will find a million ways to remind you that's something is missing." ~@WilloToons #sfcm— Krista (@newhighscore) January 25, 2013
“Your purpose can change. We are living, breathing documents.” - @WilloToons #sfcm— Carl (@CarlNelson) January 25, 2013
"When we are helping other people, our happiness grows exponentially." @WilloToons on being happy #sfcm #creativemornings— Groupiter (@Groupiter) January 25, 2013
Manage energy, not time, for creative sustainability. @WilloToons on living with purpose #creativemornings— Rebecca Sinclair (@sinclair) January 25, 2013
Starting the day w/ @WilloToons @SanFrancisco_CM talking about happiness put me in an insanely good mood. #SFCM— Davina Baum (@davinabaum) January 25, 2013
Willo OBrien kicking off the DATA 2014 creative tech conference! #ptcdata @WilloLovesYou pic.twitter.com/uWsqeAsoIC— Kim Chestney (@KimChestney) May 8, 2014
Fun to be on set @WPXI talking Art+Tech+Biz w/ Bill Flanagan & @PittsTechAudrey. @YxYY got props, too! #ptcdata #yxyy pic.twitter.com/hdvhc8G84U— Willo Sana (@WilloLovesYou) May 8, 2014
"Unused creativity manifests as grief" - Willo O'Brien #ptcdata Keynote @pghtech— Kathryn Heidemann (@Arts_Grrrl) May 8, 2014
Creative innovators are like imaginal cells, society fights them, but you’re carving the paths of the future - Willo O’Brien #ptcdata— Ariadna Font (@quicola) May 8, 2014
As rapid evolving individuals, we must develop compassion & courage to birth our big ideas into the world. #ptcdata pic.twitter.com/UPv2lnfx5o— Willo Sana (@WilloLovesYou) May 8, 2014
"Don't get tsunami'd by the fear." @WilloLovesYou That's right. Go try something awesome! #PTCDATA— Matt Gaston (@mattgaston) May 8, 2014
As part of each speaking engagement, Willo Sana provides the following additional services at no extra charge:
- Exploratory discussion to agree upon contents of keynote/talk/workshop
- Custom designed talk/workshop based on the event requirements
- Special workbook designed/created by Willo, to be reproduced by client for each participant
- Pre-event video of Willo describing upcoming talk/workshop for promotional purposes
- Additional customized video messages to promote event
- Post-event video for participants and non-attendees to reinforce key ideas
- Free ebook or workbook & MP3 sent to client for each attendee
- Breakfast, lunch, or dinner with Willo Sana*
- On-site photos, tv/video and podcast interviews*
*Dependent upon travel schedule
Speaker Request Form
Interested in hiring Willo to contribute to your event? Please fill out this speaker request form to start the conversation.