I am completely thrilled and honored to report that I will be joining a handful of other amazing ladies for this year’s Mighty Summit! It’s next weekend up in Guerneville, CA (my 3rd time up there this summer – lucky me!) and I’m SO incredibly excited about all the fun things we’ll be doing, and all the fabulous ladies I’ll be meeting!
If any of you know the word *Mighty* like I do, it basically sums up the fabulous Maggie Mason, aka Mighty Girl and the creator of Mighty Events, Mighty Goods, Mighty Junior and Mighty Haus, just to name a few. She’s also pioneered a huge movement around creating a Mighty Life List: 100 things you want to do before you die.
I’ve had a list rolling around in my head for years, but only got serious about writing them down this year. With Mighty Summit, it’s essentially required, so that really got my butt in gear! 🙂 It’s nowhere near the full 100 things yet, but here it is:
My Mighty Life List: Things I want to do before I go
Last updated Aug 4, 2018 (hadn’t been updated since 10/23/13 before that!)
- be debt free & flourishing
– I got there and now have some debt again. Life of an entrepreneur!
- write and publish a book (non-fiction)
– my first book is coming soon OMG!
& illustratea children’s book
– this is also closer than ever
- speak at TED
– I have now MC’d 3 major TEDx events… which is close! Still holding out for TED main stage.
- be featured on the cover of a magazine (about me, my work, creativity, my message)
- create/illustrate an iPhone/iPad app
- take singing lessons
– so funny… I’m JUST starting this now, Aug 2018! I’ve had this dream for SO long
- go skydiving
- fly first class
– can you believe I still haven’t done this!?
- own a home
- have a big living room with a big, comfy sectional couch
– kind of achieved this in HK, but the couch wasn’t comfy, so I’m leaving it here. Somewhat not as important as a goal anymore, but for Past Willo, we’ll see if I get there.
- have a dual- or triple-head shower in my home
- make 500K+/year
- get a new car
– less important now, but will be fun
- get married to my love & have a fabulous celebration, surrounded by everyone we love!
- take my mom on a European vacation + have her visit me in Asia!
New Goals added in 2018:
- Go scuba diving more regularly (at least 2 trips/year)
- Become more fluent in Spanish
- Travel Goals – original list:
- Grand Canyon
– went to Osaka/Kyoto in 2017! But have yet to experience Tokyo
- Safari in Africa
- Iceland or Alaska to see an aurora borealis
- have a romantic weekend in Paris
- go on a shopping spree in New York City
- dive Turks & Caicos
- dive the Great Barrier Reef
Added in 2018:
- Live in South America for a while (i.e. Mexico, Columbia)
- Costa Rica
DONE (or no longer a goal)!
- Travel To/Visit:
– have been traveling here every year since 2014, and been living here off & on since Dec 2017!
Adding some I’ve been to now, so I can cross them off:
Oslo, Norway Prague, Czech Republic Berlin, Germany Hong Kong
– lived here 3.5 years!
KL & Perhentian Islands, Malaysia Teipei, Taiwan Seoul, Korea Cebu & Siargao, Phillipines Hanoi & Saigon, Vietnam Bali
– been living here for 6 months!
Singapore Toronto & Ontario, Canada
get a completely new bed (mattress/frame) and all new linensGot this when I moved to HK! fall in love again
– Fell in love & moved 1/2 way around the world to HK in 2014
do editorial illustrations for a magazine
– technically I’ve done editorial illustrations for websites & blogs
– not exactly any of the above, BUT my illustration was published in a cool coloring book!
– no longer a goal, as illustration isn’t my primary form of expression any more
hold a creative retreat
– Co-founding/Co-producing Yes And Yes Yes for 5 years most definitely qualifies! Not to mention I’ve co-created & contributed to several other retreats & events!
speak toaudience of 500+ (again) and rock it
– Proud to report I’ve done this several times over!! See my Speaking & Events page
be featured in 7×7– no longer a goal have an inspiring office/art studio outside of my house, shared with creative, fun, nurturing, inspiring friends
– moved in January, 2013!
take the Hendrick’s Foundation Seminar, Conscious Living 5-Day Advanced Training
– Happened February, 2013 & I took several more trainings. I’m a Certified Big Leap Coach!
go through the Hendrick’s Leadership and Transformation Program– no longer a goal get really good at making fresh salsa– sounds delicious, but no longer a goal go on a yoga retreat– basically did this with SUP Yoga in HK! Also no longer a goal take a painting class
– took an acrylics painting class from Mati!
– Now I want to do a watercolor class.– no longer a goal take a writing class
– started taking Wild Writing in Nov. 2012!
take a pottery class & have my illustrations on pottery –no longer a goal grow wheatgrass– no longer a goal own a really nice DSLR camera
– I’ve had & have a great camera now, and never use it :p
have my own gallery show
– I participated in the loving you gallery show
catch up on all the wedding gifts I’ve yet to give
– finally did this in 2012!
stomp grapes– no longer a goal put together my own baby book/photo album (I never had one of me)
– I basically created one online
go horseback riding on the beach
– I feel like I did this at some point a long time ago. If not, no longer a goal
go visit my grandma in Colorado Springs
– I finally did this in 2014, a reunion with all the O’Brien women!
have a different home and/or live somewhere else for a portion of the year
– Ya… moved to HK, Thailand, Bali & am totally living like this FT now!!
have a large walk-in closet
– basically had this in HK, no longer a major goal
get massages on a monthly basis for a year– pretty much shop at Rainbow Grocery or Whole Food Grocery without looking at the prices
Continued Original Post from 2011…
I will update this as more come to mind, which – after reading, meeting and dreaming big with all the other ladies at the Summit – no doubt I’ll have a few to add!
Doing this was so fun. I’m sure there are things on my list you have already done, right? As I was going through other lists, I also couldn’t help but revel in some of the awesome things I’ve already done. Too many to name, obviously, but some big dreams I have already accomplished thus far are:
learn to play the drums swim with dolphins bungee jump (from a hot air balloon!) become a certified scuba diver have my own kitty create my own product line with my illustrations and designs on them travel to Spain, London, Prague, Berlin, Toronto (many more, but those are thebig’n’s ) make six figures fall in love start a video series and more recently, everything on this list.
What’s on your life list?
Lastly, I wrote a post documenting all the awesomeness that went down! Check it out here: My weekend at the mighty Mighty Summit! – photos, links & more! So fun.