Hello! I’m seeking an Experienced VA/Online Business Manager, based in SE Asia or Australia, to assist and support me and my business. Is that you, or someone you know? Awesome! Read on & let’s get this party started…
UPDATE 7/15/18: This position has been filled!
That said, if this is your dream position and/or you’d like to be considered for the potential day it opens up (or have a specific skillset you feel would benefit my team), submit your application below to be considered for future roles.
Location, Budget & Availability
These are crucial factors for both of us, so let’s tackle this first.
- Remote/Virtual Assistance
I work with clients around the world, and hire contractors in various locations, but for this particular role I am seeking someone who resides in East Asia or Australia for the best time zone alignment, as I’m currently based in Bali! This way we may easily communicate, collaborate and get work done within the same working day. I look for independent thinkers, self-starters, and those who are passionate and motivated to do GREAT work.
$15-25/hr, depending on experience. This will be a part-time role initially – roughly $1000 USD/mo (~10 hours/week, depending on project launches, travel, etc) – with the opportunity to increase hours as time goes by. Hourly tracking is preferred, so we may all be aware of how long tasks take. However, billing on a retainer for a set number of hours per month is a great way for all of us to manage expectations, availability, and budget.
You have a stable & steady work schedule, available and at your computer for a certain amount of set hours during the day, and potentially even at odd hours if there’s an emergency. I also travel a lot, so if I’m back in America, it may mean I need support at odd hours (within reason). We can discuss the boundaries of this, but something to keep in mind.
Who I Am + Who You Are + Who I’m Looking For
I’ve included more information about me and my work further down the page. For now, let’s talk about you!
This is not a position for your average VA. This is more of an Online Business Manager role, in the sense that you’ll be helping me manage my life, managing projects, working directly with me, my clients and my team, and helping us all stay on top of it!
My previous OBM had experience in helping build landing pages & graphics, so bonus if you have those skills too, but ultimately effectively managing ALL THE THINGS and keeping us on schedule is the most important.
Supporting me through this next abundant incarnation of my business…
I’m in the process of shifting my revenue and service model, which means you get to step in with me at an exciting new precipice! I’m just about to launch a webinar and 8-week ecourse with ongoing membership. I’ve reignited and am growing my Facebook Group. I’m writing a book, getting interviewed on podcasts, and holding destination retreats. Wahooo!
I currently have a Social Media Manager AND a Facebook Ads specialist (who you’ll be working with!), so your role is more handling all communication, scheduling, and technical/branding integration pieces (landing pages & graphics) to make sure nothing falls through the cracks!
Here are some more specifics about who I’m looking for:
- Proficient Writer
- Speaks & writes in fluent English, and is aware of American English differences when copywriting
- Voice in emails & copy is read as heartfelt, upbeat with authenticity, generosity & kindness (with healthy boundaries, of course)
- Excellent grammar (strong feelings about commas and semicolons are welcome)
- Professional & Personable
- Responsive and communicative
- Great client communication via email and phone or video meetings
- You are grounded, practical, and detail-oriented
- Positive attitude, easy-going (no drama), with a sense of humor & a willingness to learn
- Values marketing & running a business with heart and integrity
- Experienced in Assisting a (Heart-Centered) Business Owner
- I am happy to train the right person, however I don’t want this to be your first time supporting someone in running their life & business. Not that there still won’t be learning curves and surprises, but in addition to what you will learn from me, I’d love to draw from your experience and expertise as well!
- Great at clarifying objectives & sticking to timelines/deadlines with a busy Visionary CEO
- Organized + Branding Design & Tech Savvy
- Knows how to work focused & efficiently
- You have an eye for design and/or are well-versed in creating graphics and landing pages within a brand look & feel
- Detail oriented and proficient in QA (Quality Assurance) – you check and double-check your work to make sure it’s done right
- Because my business is mostly online, and we’ll be working together remotely, this will require you to be great at organizing and managing details with online systems, as well as interfacing with me, my clients and other team members. Some tools we’ll be using:
- Slack – team communication
- Trello – tracking personal & team/business tasks
- Zoom – video conference calls
- Google Drive – shared documents for editing/publishing + maintaining SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Dropbox – shared files
- WordPress – website updates (Bonus if you know Thrive Themes)
- SamCart – sales pages
- Convertkit – email marketing
- Satori – scheduling
- 1Password – sharing logins & information securely
- Social Media Platforms (Primarily: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube… want to launch into Pinterest next)
- Canva – social media graphics
- Airtable – what I use to capture & manage testimonials
- If you’re curious about more apps/tools I recommend, visit Systems that Support You (I will also have you help me update this list of resources periodically)
- Bonus if you use a Mac & iPhone, too, as that’s what I use, but not mandatory.
- You have your business sh*t together
- Responsible for tracking time and regularly invoicing
- You have your invoicing and billing/accounting systems set-up
- Clear on your strengths/weaknesses, so you’re not overpromising and under-delivering
- You know how to manage expectations with clients and colleagues, should your availability change and/or you need to reset a commitment
- You take care of yourself! Eat well, get good sleep, manage your energy, and set healthy boundaries. Manage expectations and don’t spread yourself so thin that it endangers yourself, me or the entire team’s progress.
Example Tasks & Business Projects
- Email & Customer Service Support
- Managing email: reading, sorting, replying – having experience in supporting another with this is KEY
- Emailing on my behalf for information or scheduling, etc.
- Customer Service for courses, membership site via email & Facebook comments/messages
- Information/File Management
- Checking Email
- Creating/Filing Documents, Forms & Spreadsheets
- Interfacing with my bookkeeper, clients, team members, etc
- Capturing & Tracking Leads
- Managing & Publishing Client Testimonials
- Handle any booking or scheduling issues with client sessions and other meetings
- Find/Book Flights – Bonus if you’re familiar with booking with airline miles
- Find/Book Airbnbs or hotels
- Communicating with airlines or hosts
- Support for Webinars, Gatherings, Workshops & Retreats
- Setting up Webinars
- Customer Support on Live Webinars
- Researching in-person workshop spaces
- Researching & managing communication with Retreat spaces
- Hearing my needs & putting together an ad
- Gathering and screening an initial set of prospects
- Schedule final interviews
- Potentially helping me onboard them with various access to folders, etc.
- Managing Content Marketing
- Creating graphics in Canva
- Uploading videos to YouTube & adding keywords & descriptions
- Copywriting: Drafting posts, emails to my mailing list & social posts
- Creating Landing Pages (in WordPress)
- Creating Sales Pages (in SamCart)
- Creating/Editing WordPress Posts & Pages
- Bonus if you’re savvy with Thrive Themes, Wishlist Member
- Bonus if you’re savvy with CSS/HTML!
- Managing Social Media Marketing or Facebook Ads
- Note: I have a Social Media Manager AND a Funnels/Facebook Ads specialist at the moment (who you’ll be working with!), but I greatly welcome hearing about your experience in these areas!
Specifics aside, it’s important we have:
- Trust: reliability & confidentiality
- Honesty: open & clear communication
- Connection: you like doing this work for me and I like working with you! Let’s have fun co-creating awesomeness together.
Aaaand… a fallback plan!
What happens when you have something come up in your personal life that pulls you away from doing client work? Do you have an assistant or colleague who can help fill in? This is important, as I will be relying on you and while I have a great team who may be able to step in, I’ll want us to discuss what options you may have in place to mitigate this risk.
Don’t have some of the above, but you’re still super interested?
Cool! Tell us more about that when you apply. Ultimately personality fit, a great attitude and the ability to show up, do the work and learn fast is #1. So, if you’re ready to make it happen with this – let’s talk!
Who Would You Be Working With?
I’m Willo Sana, a Heart-Centered Entrepreneur who has 25 years of experience in sales, marketing, and business… which I channel into my writing, speaking, workshops, ecourses & videos. You can learn more about me here, and see examples of my work here.
As a Transformational Business Coach, I serve and support Creative, Visionary Entrepreneurs around the world. I work with individuals one-on-one and lead small group coaching circles. This year I will be putting more work online – the signature systems I have previously only used with my clients – so it’s an exciting time here at Willo&Co!
I have hired several assistants, designers, developers and managers over my 16+ years in business, and absolutely love collaborating and co-creating with other creatives. I value clear and open communication, and will regularly check-in to evaluate what’s working and not working, in order for us to consistently improve how we’re supporting each other’s success. Respecting and honoring each other is paramount to building a healthy win-win partnership.
Also, you won’t be starting from scratch with me, content or business-wise. You’ll be diving in with an experienced, marketing and tech-savvy entrepreneur who already has other brilliant creatives on her team, an established platform, a functioning website, great content to run with, and a supportive, loving audience. This is a great learning opportunity and one where your skills, expertise, and contribution will make a great impact in further amplifying this exciting work!
Lastly, this isn’t a temporary gig. I’d love to find someone great we can work with for a year or longer. Let’s grow together!
Awesome. Please complete the application form below!
Don’t take too long to fill this out – it’s better if you quickly submit it to have your name in the ring, as I am looking to set up interviews soon!
I’ll be reviewing submissions and contacting viable candidates for video interviews to say hello and explore further.