Welcome to the eighth Spotlight episode – where I sit down with brilliant, purpose-driven entrepreneurs (many of whom I have the honor of working with!) and we pull back the curtain for some serious REALTALK about what it takes to follow your heart and birth your big ideas. Are you ready for this?
Shining in the Spotlight is the strong, talented and inspirational Vivian Mcgrath and I can’t wait to share her story with you. We started working together earlier this year, in my Small Group Coaching program, and it’s been so wonderful to witness her transformation as she evolves her work more online.
Vivian is a highly esteemed television producer and has recently taken the big and courageous leap of sharing her story of surviving domestic abuse. She’s written a book called “Unbeatable” that she’s currently self-publishing, has a successful blog with articles that have been featured on the Daily Mail & Tiny Buddha AND she’s developing amazing online courses to help support individuals who are going through or have experienced domestic violence. This woman is quite the creative force!
I am so honored to be a part of her journey as she births her ideas and much-needed support and wisdom into the world. I welcome you to soak in the deep truths and insights that Vivian shares so openly in this episode. I know you too will be inspired by her courage!
Watch this Spotlight episode to hear how Vivian has moved from producer to business owner and why she’s created online courses in her strong support for victims of domestic violence.
Key takeaways from this conversation?
In this interview, you’ll discover:
- Why Vivian decided to share her story of surviving domestic abuse [1:05]
- How she dealt with insecurities when everything seemed great on the outside. [11:07]
- [Content Warning] Hear Vivian’s powerful re-telling of her domestic violence experience. [13:28]
- How to go from Victim to Survivor and taking responsibility for yourself & your happiness. [18:14]
- The power in knowing “You can change you.” [19:45]
- The most important thing if you are in an abusive relationship is to “Trust Your Gut” and don’t ignore the warning signs. [23:04]
- How the internet and social media has opened up avenues to talk about domestic violence. [34:07]
- Are you wondering if you’re in an abusive relationship right now, and how do you even know? Take this Quiz [46:52]
- The answers are all there right in front of you and it takes someone to show you, to see them. [51:37]
- How to bring choice back to you and step from a victim to a creator in your life. [52:56]
Watch the video to hear how Vivian let go of trying to control the uncontrollable and is now living the life she loves.
“Willo takes the fear out of it, as she guides me step by step through starting my online business. She is someone to bounce off and enables a greater vision for what I am doing. She comes up with ways to do things, ideas I would not have thought of if doing this on my own.”
I am beyond thrilled to watch Vivian take the leap into a business owner and know that she will be able to help so many people by sharing her powerful story. She’s a total model for what is possible when you put your mind to it. She’s got a message to share with the world and she puts one foot in front of the other and shares it, bravely.
What did this inspire for you?
Are you transitioning from a different career into sharing your passion online?
Do you have a story you want to share with the world?
Have you ever felt that the image you show on the outside conflicts with what you are feeling on the inside?
Have or are you a victim of domestic violence? (Resources available HERE)
Feel free to share in the comments!
* * *
Subscribe to my new Wake Up with Willo series below, for daily inspiration that will help you listen to your heart, stand in your power, and march on to grow the life & business of your dreams!