Creative Catalyst + Heart-Centered Entrepreneur
Willo O’Brien has made a career out of creativity.
In the last decade she founded a web/graphic design business, launched a product line, served as co-founder of two startups, produced a video series, and developed multiple programs empowering thousands of passionate individuals and creative entrepreneurs.
Coining the term Creative Sustainability, she inspires people to stay connected to their self-care, creativity and the magic in their lives. In addition to online courses, Willo shares her expertise writing, advising startups, coaching creative small business owners, teaching and speaking at events around the country.
What Willo’s been up to recently:
- 2010: Served as Co-Founder/Chief Creative Officer at Storenvy
- 2011: Premiered WilloToons Connect video series
- 2011/2012: Served as Co-Founder/VP Marketing at Stitch Labs
- Aug, 2012: Launched RE:CONNECT (3 courses held Sept, Nov & Jan, 2013)
- Dec, 2012: Launched Feel ALIVE! (2 courses held in Feb + May, 2013)
- Speaking, Coaching/Consulting and Writing
- Feb, 2013: Attended an 8-Day Hendricks Intensive
- May, 2013: Launched SKYDIVING
Willo has contributed to the following books:
And has been mentioned in:
Articles, Interviews & Press include:
What makes me happy?
- Connecting and communicating with people. Bear hugs. Lovefests.
- Kitty purrs and fuzzy bellys (I adore happy puppy smiles, soft bunny faces and waddling penguins, too; I love animals of all kinds!)
- Live music, or the secondary healing alternative: belting out one of my favorite songs at the top of my lungs in my car
- Sushi; a simple tofu/veggie stir fry; delicious wine; whip cream; pickled anything
- Yoga, or breaking a sweat hiking or running
- Foodie/wine snobs who appreciate the magic of a cheap taco & a solid dive bar
- Learning/Personal development/Following my heart/Leveling it up
- Dark chocolate with sea salt (almonds are welcome, too)
- My sweet Momma, my adorable baby nieces, and the amazing unconditional love & support that comes with being family.
- All my amazing friends in SF and around the world who make my world brighter every day.
- Expression! Whether it’s design, illustration, writing, producing, connecting, teaching, speaking or shouting enthusiastically at a stranger on the street that I love the style they’ve got goin’ on.
Things you may not know about me:
- I grew up skiing in my hometown of Steamboat, CO. However, I haven’t been on skis since I started snowboarding at age 12. I loved it and even did a bit of GS racing in high school. I gave the sport up entirely after I snapped my knee sideways while snowboarding at age 27. Honestly, I was pretty over it already after growing up in a ski town.
- Speaking of high school, I was a cheerleader my freshman year, for the senior basketball team. That may surprise some of you; others, not at all. :)
- I eat mostly vegan, which as you can see from my happy list above isn’t really vegan. It’s just the easiest way to describe the majority of food I put in my mouth.
- For the most part, feet gross me out.
- I don’t have any allergies, that I know of. I rarely get headaches either.
- I’m a certified scuba diver and wish I could live underwater!
- I don’t chew gum anymore.
- I get afraid I’m going to get in an accident, or die or something, and they’ll find my house a mess. That’s right. Not about my being in the accident… it’s god forbid my house be a disaster! Believe me, sometimes it is. I guess I just don’t wanna go out like that, ya know?
- I totally text-voted for Kelly Clarkson on the first American Idol. Haven’t watched the show much since then though.
- I have a 1/2 brother, who is ~18 months younger than me, born from the same Dad. I have a 1/2 sister, who is 16 years younger than me, born from the same Mom.
- I’m actually fairly uncomfortable talking about myself. Can we talk about you now?