rock treasures found on treasure island
I went to Treasure Island Music Festival last weekend, and it was fantastic! Sunday’s lineup couldn’t not have made me squeeeee more with excitement. I got to see:
- Superchunk – a band who helped shape the sound of indie-rock as we know it. They’ve been rocking for over 20 years and you can just tell they love every second of it still to this day! They recently released a new album for the first time in almost 10 years, and because I had fallen in love with them after they’d stop touring, I felt honored to see them on stage again!
- She & Him – it doesn’t get more adorable than Zooey Deschanel & M. Ward, amIright? *swoon*
- Ferocious Few – a local band who can jam anywhere… and they bring it! If you live in SF you can even find them rockin’ it in Dolores Park every once and awhile.
- Broken Social Scene – I’ve seen them a number of times, and they’re sooo good. In fact right now, this fall weather? Perfect for them. Put this on & watch the leaves turn.
- Surfer Blood – (see photo above, and play MP3 below) I have fallen in love with their album Astro Coast, and it was so fun to finally see them play live! They look like they’re all about 14, but an article online suggests they’re in their early 20′s. Regardless, they know how to write songs & they were fantastic live!
- The National – words cannot summarize my love for the National.
- Rogue Wave – another local band I’ve followed (and befriended) since 2003. If you haven’t heard of them yet, do not do anything else before going to buy their albums. You won’t be disappointed!
Oh wait, you can do one more thing before you go… listen to this track by Surfer Blood:
I have more photos & videos that I need to upload from the weekend… but thought I’d at least get a quicky post up. Truth be told I wanted a reason to use the WP audio player above. :) I know, I’m a geek.
Bonus music tip: Check out Spinner.com’s Free Song Downloads for CMJ 2010 – go download and discover some awesome new music! Better yet, go to New York and attend CMJ. I need to do that myself one of these days.